At Oklahoma United Methodist Circle of Care we are committed to providing great foster homes for children across Oklahoma. We believe foster care has a strong correlation with the Gospel and that the local community, specifically, the Church has a role in calling people to action as Circle of Care seeks to train, support, and assist those families in opening their hearts and homes to children in OK DHS custody. We believe each of member of our team plays an important role in living out the mission of providing help, healing, and hope to these children.
The Family Specialist position is the front-line recruitment, support and case management role of how we serve foster families every day. This position fulfills the ongoing support, compliance, and overall interaction with our foster families. In this role, individuals have the opportunity to get to know the families, make sure the home is safe for children, assist families in getting the external supports they need to serve the child in their home, and walk closely with the family through each step of the foster care journey.
Do you believe that kids in foster care should have great foster homes that are well supported? Are you great at building relationships and offering support to families? Then this could be your chance to make impact and be a part of a team of committed people living on mission.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a Bachelor’s Degree in a behavioral or social science or related field and 2 years of experience in the child welfare field.
- Pass a thorough background reference verification procedure, which includes a physical and criminal history check as required by Oklahoma DHS.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Have strong communication skills and be relationship-oriented.
- Focus on best practice, as well as, policy and licensing standards for foster homes.
- Delight in organization and completing tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Commitment to the mission of providing help, healing, and hope to the children of Oklahoma.
- Have a cheerful, collaborative approach to problem-solving and decision making.
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Enjoy working in a team environment for the good of youth in foster care.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Must pass an FBI criminal background check, driving history and physical. Circle of Care, Inc. is an EOE/Drug Testing Employer. Send Resume, cover letter and application (including references) to firstname.lastname@example.org.