Programs: Foster Care
Circle of Care works to recruit, train, and provide ongoing support to foster parents. We have a contract through DHS to provide these services throughout the state. You can transform a life by providing a safe and loving home for a child in crisis.
If fostering is a fit for you and your family, Circle of Care can help. We can assist you with paperwork, complete the home study and provide training, all at no cost to you. In fact, when you foster through Circle of Care, you receive financial assistance such as paid respite care, clothing allotments, and community involvement funds.
- Responsible, mature, healthy and at least 21 years of age with stable living arrangements.
- In healthy relationships, whether single, married, or divorced.
- Able to meet the emotional and medical needs of a young child.
- Able to manage personal and household financial needs.
Training & Certification
Our team of certified family specialists will help you navigate the steps to become a certified foster parent, which include:
- Home study
- Background check
- 27 hours of training
- CPR/First Aid certification
Once you are approved by DHS to be a foster parent and children are placed in your home, Circle of Care will continue to provide support. Our foster parents remain foster parents because they have an entire community of care. From our team, you can expect:
- A welcome basket when a child arrives at your home
- Monthly support group meetings with other foster parents
- A free co-op that contains clothing, toys, and other items needed to care for children in your home
- Clothing allotment (reimbursement)
- Financial support for community activities
- Paid respite care
Contact Us About Foster Care
Call us at (405)-463-6626 or fill out the form below to be contacted by someone from our office.