At Oklahoma United Methodist Circle of Care we are committed to providing great foster homes for children across Oklahoma. We believe foster care has a strong correlation with the Gospel and that the local community, specifically, the Church has a role in calling people to action as Circle of Care seeks to train, support, and assist those families in opening their hearts and homes to children in OK DHS custody. We believe each of member of our team plays an important role in living out the mission of providing help, healing, and hope to these children.
The State Director of Foster Care position will manage and oversee Circle of Care’s RFP contract, provide supervision and direction to current foster care staff, attend DHS meetings and act as Circle of Care’s main liaison with DHS leadership, manage the Child SHARE Foster Care budget and recommend changes or additions. Additionally, maintain program compliance for DHS Licensing and DHS Child Welfare Contracts, provide leadership and guidance to a growing program, review and develop ongoing systems as the program expands and grows. Evaluate new opportunities and strategically plan for implementation, review and approve new foster family home studies, as well as, yearly reassessments. Play a strategic role in the Circle of Care leadership team. Travel locally and regionally using a company owned vehicle.
Do you believe that kids in foster care should have great foster homes that are well supported? Are you great at building relationships and offering support to families? Then this could be your chance to make impact and be a part of a team of committed people living on mission.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in social work or related field, with 5 years of leadership experience with the child welfare field.
- Pass a thorough background reference verification procedure, which includes a physical and criminal history check as required by Oklahoma DHS.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Have strong communication skills and be relationship-oriented.
- Focus on best practice, as well as, policy and licensing standards for foster homes.
- Delight in organization and completing tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Commitment to the mission of providing help, healing, and hope to the children of Oklahoma.
- Have a cheerful, collaborative approach to problem-solving and decision making.
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Enjoy working in a team environment for the good of youth in foster care.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Must pass an FBI criminal background check, driving history and physical. Circle of Care, Inc. is an EOE/Drug Testing Employer. Send Resume, cover letter and application (including references) to email@example.com.