At Oklahoma United Methodist Circle of Care we are committed to providing great foster homes for children across Oklahoma. We believe foster care has a strong correlation with the Gospel and that the local community, specifically, the Church has a role in calling people to action as Circle of Care seeks to train, support, and assist those families in opening their hearts and homes to children in OK DHS custody. We believe each of member of our team plays an important role in living out the mission of providing help, healing, and hope to these children.
The RFA Home Study Manager position conducts home study assessments according to the policy of Oklahoma DHS and following the RFA Home Study requirements, reviews home studies submitted by staff and subcontractors, assigns home studies to staff and subcontractors and maintains records for monthly invoices. Other duties include: attending DHS meetings, approving timesheets, updating staff and subcontractors on any changes in the RFA contract or process. Maintains the contracts overall 30 day time frame in the assignment, completion, review and submission of referred home studies. Manages staff and subcontractors for the RFA contract, assesses homes and families with the safety and well-being of the child(ren) as the primary concern. Travel locally and regionally using a company owned vehicle; may be asked to transport clients.
Do you believe that kids in foster care should have great foster homes that are well supported? Are you great at building relationships and offering support to families? Then this could be your chance to make impact and be a part of a team of committed people living on mission.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in social work or related field, with 1 year of experience in providing services to children and families.
- Previous experience writing home studies for Oklahoma DHS.
- Complete Resource Family Assessment Training provided by DHS within 45 days of being hired.
- Pass a thorough background reference verification procedure, which includes a physical and criminal history check as required by Oklahoma DHS.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Have strong communication skills and be relationship-oriented.
- Focus on best practice, as well as, policy and licensing standards for foster homes.
- Delight in organization and completing tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Commitment to the mission of providing help, healing, and hope to the children of Oklahoma.
- Have a cheerful, collaborative approach to problem-solving and decision making.
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Enjoy working in a team environment for the good of youth in foster care.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Must pass an FBI criminal background check, driving history and physical. Circle of Care, Inc. is an EOE/Drug Testing Employer. Send Resume, cover letter and application (including references) to email@example.com.