What kind of help is available?
If you are experiencing housing instability, we can help you with:
• Completing the application for rent or utility assistance
• Locating other housing stabilization services such as housing counseling
• Training: life skills, budgeting, job readiness
• Obtaining vital documents
Do I qualify for assistance?
Applicants must be 18 years or older to apply.
A member of the renting household must meet the following criteria:
• Qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19
• Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability
• Has a household income at or below 80% of the area median
How can I get started?
For assistance with completing your application or finding additional resources to stay stably housed, email a Community Case Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
918-583-9506 (Tulsa area)
918-456-6166 (Tahlequah/Sallisaw areas)
This effort is in conjunction with Community Cares Partners (CCP), a program of Communities Foundation of Oklahoma. We seek to make a difference for Oklahomans by assisting individuals and families facing housing crisis and eviction as a result of lost wages or hardship from COVID-19.