At Oklahoma United Methodist Circle of Care we are committed to providing great foster homes for children across Oklahoma. We believe foster care has a strong correlation with the Gospel and that the local community, specifically, the Church has a role in calling people to action as Circle of Care seeks to train, support, and assist those families in opening their hearts and homes to children in OK DHS custody.
The Home Study Specialist conducts home studies of prospective adoptive, traditional foster care, and kinship foster home applicants referred through our contract with the Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Assesses homes and families, according to DHS policies, with the safety and well-being of the child(ren) as the primary concern.
- Completes all paperwork within the required time frame of 30 days.
- OKDHS reserves the right to approve all subcontractors throughout the life of the contract.
- Attend required 6 hours of OKDHS update training yearly regarding completion of home studies. It is required for sub-contractors to attend any additional training scheduled by Circle of Care.
Do you believe that kids in foster care should have great foster homes that are well supported? This could be your chance to make impact and be a part of a team of committed people living on mission.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a Bachelor’s Degree in a behavioral or social science or related field and 2 years of experience in the child welfare field.
- Pass a thorough background check as required by Oklahoma DHS.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Have strong written communication skills and be relationship-oriented.
- Focus on best practice, as well as, policy and licensing standards for foster homes.
- Delight in organization and completing tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Commitment to the mission of providing help, healing, and hope to the children of Oklahoma.
- Have a cheerful, collaborative approach to problem-solving and decision making.
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Enjoy working in a team environment for the good of youth in foster care.
This is a contract position and are paid by each job you complete. Send Resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com