At Oklahoma United Methodist Circle of Care we are committed to providing great foster homes for children across Oklahoma. We believe foster care has a strong correlation with the Gospel and that the local community, specifically, the Church has a role in calling people to action as Circle of Care seeks to train, support, and assist those families in opening their hearts and homes to children in OK DHS custody. We believe each of member of our team plays an important role in living out the mission of providing help, healing, and hope to these children.
The Placement and Compliance Specialist position will have two primary responsibilities:
(1) Coordinate and arrange placements for children coming from DHS to a Circle of Care supported home. This involves an in-depth knowledge of current foster homes, available resources, the child welfare system, and the ability to match a child’s unique needs to the best family available. Send emails to DHS regarding on hold families and changing family preferences that directly relates to the vacancy list and having families ready to take children.
(2) Facilitate and oversee ongoing file reviews; including, file reviews prior to approval of new homes and at time of reassessment, quarterly file reviews as part of the CQI process, and assist Program Director’s with licensing and contract audits.
Do you believe that kids in foster care should have great foster homes that are well supported? Are you great at building relationships and offering support to families? Then this could be your chance to make impact and be a part of a team of committed people living on mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a Bachelor’s Degree in a behavioral or social science or related field and 2 years of experience in the child welfare field.
- Pass a thorough background reference verification procedure, which includes a physical and criminal history check as required by Oklahoma DHS.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Tolerance to work under adverse conditions
- Work independently, and as a team member, without constant supervision
- Maintain willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet the needs of the agency; regular evening and weekend work required
- Ability to use standard office equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to learn additional software
- Capable of lifting heavy objects of up to 20 pounds
- Become familiar with all of Circle of Care programs and facilities
- Committed to the mission of the United Methodist Circle of Care
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Must pass an FBI criminal background check, driving history and physical. Circle of Care, Inc. is an EOE/Drug Testing Employer. Send Resume, cover letter and application (including references) to firstname.lastname@example.org.